Working in an event management company in Dubai is not just about interacting with customers and business partners over the telephone or the internet. A big chunk of daily corporate life is consumed by meetings and business events.
When you hear the words “corporate meeting” what picture comes to your mind? Good chances are you will imagine a mob of bored and ultimately exhausted people stuck in a crowded room for hours listening to boring edification’s. Yet this appalling view just points to the management’s inadequacy. Meetings can transform into a powerful communication tool that will help you find a solution to problems, create ideas, and improve the team spirit.
The Importance of Choosing the Right Meeting Room Layout
Many who attend corporate meetings agree that they sense an invisible barrier between the speaker and the audience. Furthermore, there is a psychological barrier scarcely acquainted with each other between the attendees. Efficient meeting room setup types will conquer all obstacles, make the attendees relaxed, facilitate connectivity, and encourage innovation, which will eventually improve the productivity of the meeting.
Meeting Room Layout Recommendations
Before selecting one of the meeting room concept the following important issues must be considered:
– The expected number of attendees. Your main goal is to find a seat with a few setups for everyone.
– The space is available. The size of the premises will also rule out certain choices for the meeting room layout from the checklist
– Objectives of the event. You have to know what the guests are going to do. The activities may include only listening to the speaker or engaging in small groups afterward.
– Necessities. These include furniture, décor, and food.
– Safety. In case of an emergency, it is important to vacate on short notice. And when preparing the layout you must ensure free access to exit routes, refuge sites, and emergency assembly points.
Layout Bad Calls
It is important to realize the typical mistakes that event companies in Dubai and designers make before figuring out what are good meeting room layouts:
– Unfitting screen size. It should be large enough that those in the back of the room can read the text without cranking their necks.
– Inadequate space. Whether it is too small or too large for the headcount this lets the attendees feel irritated in the former case or intimidated in the other,
– Excessive lighting. Sever lightning can be inconvenient for your attendees.
– Inconvenient furniture. Opt for flexible seating to cater to people with varying heights and back health.
– Forgetting the fun or having too much of it. You will either annoy the guests to death or distract them from the event by making the meeting hall too stoic or too imaginative. Aim to enliven the place without going over the boundaries of design sobriety.
Chairs in this typical configuration are usually arranged in rows with an aisle in the center. It’s good for conferences, presentations, and lectures that last up to two hours as it allows accommodating a large number of attendees with their maximum focus on the speaker or the screen before them.
The tables are placed end to end with an opening so that their shape reminds them of a horseshoe. This style is outstanding if a lecture is to be paired with group conversations as it occurs in seminars and debates.
People are seated at round tables facing each other, allowing full use of space and maximizing networking among small groups. Such a setup is normally used for team-building activities, sit-down dinners, and award nights.
It is quite similar to the previous layout but here there are many cocktail tables spread among the group tables all over the room. Cocktail tables that require no seats are an ideal invitation to mingling and networking.
It is identical to the previous layout since people sit around the tables. However, the circle is not complete, as there is a stage in the room, and some space is left in front to let people see the speaker.
It usually includes a large rectangular table that can be staffed by a couple of dozen attendees who can bring laptops and other necessary equipment. This style encourages face-to-face interaction and can be used to conduct committee meetings, team briefings, and brainstorming.
Tables with chairs are arranged in front-facing parallel rows and allow people to take notes, use computers, and have meals. It is good for training sessions and lectures where the speaker and audience are in primary contact.
Also known as V-shape or chevron model, it is similar to the layout of a classroom, except here tables and chairs are angled to provide a clearer view of the stage as well as a closer engagement of the participants with each other.
This setting usually excludes tables, so it is suitable for discussion-type events. Several seats are positioned in an inner circle, while the others are positioned around them in concentric circles.
Choosing the correct event layout will enhance and alter the experience. We often go with standard room layouts as this may be the simplest and most effective choice in terms of space, ease of installation, and cost savings, but if occupancy numbers and location require flexibility it may be worth pursuing alternative seating options. Discuss with your venue your vision as they may propose an appropriate solution that will affect the participants and promote networking, learning, and interaction.
Contact us at Invent Creative and Event Solutions, an top event company in Dubai to enhance your event layouts and make sure to render your event the greatest one yet with the help of our professional and talented team!
Mohit Solanki is a writer and editor who joined Resources Groups in December 2019. Previously, he has held positions in many Advertising Companies, and could be found writing around the internet about events, business solutions, and consultancy.